[Zope] Re: Preserving Context

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Tue Dec 12 14:49:13 EST 2006

Your page template just needs to construct a URL (that your users can access - eg. in an html link) that contains the name of the script file at the beginning of the URL (ie. before the target subfolder(s)).

The script file will have to use the traverse_subpath contents to build a string which you can then use to access the required folder:

targetFolder = string.join(traverse_subpath, '/')        #you will have to play with this to get the right target folder for your app
aFolder = context.restrictedTraverse(targetFolder)
searchRes = aFolder.Catalog(<some search string here>)
<do something with search results here>

Jonathan

Zope maillist  -  Zope at zope.org
(Related lists -