[Zope] acquisition

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Thu Dec 14 04:18:35 EST 2006

Dennis Schulz wrote:
> I found no example how to define it in the class generally for all
> instances
>
> i would like to access the supplier container under a different name
> inside one instance of Purchase Requisition.
>
> class PurchaseRequisition( SimpleItem, Implicit ):
>
>         suppliers = property ( lambda self: str(
> self.context.aq_inner.aq_parent.supplier) )

Keep it simple like Andreas suggested::

from Acquisition import aq_inner, aq_parent
class PurchaseRequisition( SimpleItem, Implicit ):

     def suppliers(self):
         parent = aq_parent(aq_inner(self))
         return parent.supplier

     # does exactly the same thing thanks to automatic
     # acquisition:
     def suppliers(self):
         return self.supplier

> Andreas Jung escribió: