[Zope] add a File type via a form

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Mon Dec 18 11:56:54 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mihamina Rakotomandimby"
<mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr>
To: <Zope at zope.org>
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] add a File type via a form

> On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 08:42 -0500, Jonathan wrote:
>
>> If you are trying to get your 'visitor' to upload a file (?),
>
> No. I want the visitor to fill a form, and then the values he filled the
> form with are stored un 1 File.
> 1 File per form filled.
>
>> If you are not trying to upload a file, then we need some more
>> information
>> as to what you are trying to accomplish.
>
> So, each time a visitor fills a form, I firts need to create the File,
> then I will see later how to write into the File.
> But I almost found: I have to use manage_addfile.
> But I dont know, the "title" argument is not working properly:
> If I hardcode the "title" when calling manage_addfile, there is no
> problem.
> If I try to set it throuhg the form, the string goes into the body of
> the file instead of the "title" when the File is created...

If you have a simple html form like:

<form action="ptst" method="post">
Enter File Name:     <input type="text" name="fName" value="" size="20"><br>
Enter File Title:     <input type="text" name="fTitle" value=""
size="20"><br>
Enter File Type:     <input type="text" name="fType" value=""
size="20"><br><br>
<input type="submit" value="Create File">
</form>

And a simple python script ('ptst') with parameters "fName", "fType" and
"fTitle" (note: script parameters match form field names) and contains
something like:

context.manage_addFile(id=fName, file=None, content_type=fType,
title=fTitle)
return 'Done'

It should give you the basis for what you are trying to accomplish (if I
understand the requirement correctly!)

Jonathan