[Zope] Re: Python script, urllib2

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Mon Dec 18 17:44:21 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 17:03 -0500, Jonathan wrote:

> If you want to use a python script to access the contents of a static page
> (static page created via the ZMI), why don't you do something like:
> staticPage =
> context.restrictedTraverse('/path/to/the/static/page/staticPage.html')

No, it is really on a remote server.
The retrieval part I mentionned is just part of the problem, I proceed
with HTMLParser after retrieval.

Ok, for the external method. I will drop a tutorial soon.

> ps. pls keep your posts on the list so that others can help and so that
> future generations can find/follow the thread!

I _always_ keep my posts on the list. My MUA has a shortcut (Ctrl+l) to
do so. And I do pay attention when checking the recipients of my
messages.