[Zope] Ignore stopwords/characters in alphabetical results

Ken Ara feedreader at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 03:41:38 EST 2006

Hi,

I have been asked to improve the order of search
results, so that stop words and certain characters at
the beginning of a title are ignored. "Final Report",
"The Final Report" and "[Final] Report" all need to
appear under the letter 'F'.

We are running Zope 2.7.8-final with python 2.3.5,
under FreeBSD6. Until I was hit with this request, the
default ZCatalog and  ZCTextIndexes have given good
results.

I did try to install TextIndexNG3, according to the
instructions in the readme but was unable to restart
Zope (no message was left in event.log).

Would this product make the difference I need?

Thanks,

Ken