[Zope] Help with a simple DMS

Joshua Gilbert joshuacgilbert at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 19:24:52 EST 2006

On 2/7/06, J Cameron Cooper <zope-l at jcameroncooper.com> wrote:
> Joshua Gilbert wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'd like to make a simple DMS, users upload their
> > PDFs/docs/ps/whatever and then they can search within the documents.
>
> I believe TextIndexNG will index contents of complex file types.

OK, that's great. Where do I find documentation to tell me how to set
up the site?

> > I need to be able to automate the submission of documents as I'm part
> > of a large research lab, we've accumulated a lot of papers over the
> > years.
>
> What exactly does "automate the submission of documents" mean?

I mean that I have a great deal of papers. I can't go through web
forms to add all of these documents. I would like to be able to submit
them through an automated process, I can't go through web forms by
hand to add them all.

I'm trying to convince my lab that this is a useful product. If I ask
them to submit their papers one at a time I'll lose the argument and
we won't use Zope.

> > Other than that I'd like a nice, simple authentication scheme. That's
> > about it. Dead simple.
>
> Then stick with how it's already set up. Plone provides a nice UI for
> user management.

Fair enough.