[Zope] Re: major problems placing authentication on an extranet site-security flaw?

Norbert Marrale norbert at vsmpro.com
Thu Feb 9 17:15:49 EST 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> michael nt milne wrote:
>> Over and out on this one from me
>
> You promise? ;-)
>
> Chris

I think Tino made the key suggestion earlier on: log out of the ZMI,
close your browser, restart it, clear the cache, clear any saved
passwords, try to view the page in question and - if your settings are
correct - get prompted to log by whichever authentication mechanism you
chose to implement. If you cancel out and are able to view the page, you
made a configuration mistake somewhere. Find it, fix it - and try again.

This has become one of the more hilarious threads I've read in a long
time. I suggest submitting Michael's name to alt.usenet.kooks for
consideration as KotM.

Norbert