[Zope] Zope 2.9 and SSL

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 04:32:28 EST 2006

Ron Bickers wrote:
> Both lighty and Apache use OpenSSL.

Good point ;-)

> I'm using it and haven't seen any
> battlefield casualties so far. ;-)  Apache has its share of (even recent)
> security issues, including some related to mod_ssl.

Honestly, I see that as a good thing! It's a bit like the old "macs
never get exploited" argument, it's not because there aren't exploits
there, it's because not enough people use them for someone to stumble
across them ;-)

> Lighty seems to be
> fitting well for those that need a smaller, simpler server, which is why I
> mentioned it.  I'll leave it as an exercise for the interested to determine
> if they want to use it.

True, and simplicity does often make for more security and so, while I'd
stick with Apache for the reasons already mentioned, I retract my
comment about lighttpd...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk