[Zope] Can Zope 2.9 Coexist With Zope 2.6 Using Different Ports?

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Wed Feb 22 15:48:11 EST 2006

On 2/22/06, Mark, Jonathan (Integic) <jonathan.mark at integic-hc.com> wrote:
> Does Zope 2 support running two separate instances of two versions of Zope
> on different ports? I have been able to run Zope 3 concurrently with Zope
> 2.6 without problem.

Absolutely, we run quite a few more than 2 Zope instances on one machine here.

> When I run bin/runzope in my Zope 2.9 home directory I get the following
> error on lock_file.py line 60:
>
> IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '.../Data.fs.lock'

This is a different problem altogether. The Zope process does not have
the rights to create the Data.fs.lock file. Without the whole
traceback (always include the whole traceback!) I cannot tell you what
exactly went wrong though.

--
Martijn Pieters