[Zope] Can Zope 2.9 Coexist With Zope 2.6 Using Different Ports?

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Wed Feb 22 20:15:30 EST 2006

Mark, Jonathan (Integic) wrote:

>> My website GoodbyeJim.com currently runs Zope 2.6 on Red Hat 7.3. I
>> have installed Zope 2.9 to use port 3200 instead of 80.
>>
>> Does Zope 2 support running two separate instances of two versions of
>> Zope on different ports? I have been able to run Zope 3 concurrently
>> with Zope 2.6 without problem.
>>
>> When I run bin/runzope in my Zope 2.9 home directory I get the
>> following error on lock_file.py line 60:
>>
>> IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '.../Data.fs.lock'

I don't know if this is your problem, but you can't run two instances of
the same ZODB unless you use ZEO. (That's my guess, but it depends on
how you've installed things.) But it's certainly possible. I have at
least three different versions of Zope and at least a dozen different
instances on this machine right now.

        --jcc

--
"Building Websites with Plone"