[Zope] Zope on a shared host behind Apache?

Marty McFly martymcfly at lycos.de
Wed Feb 22 12:20:53 EST 2006

Hello,

I've just tried to install zope on a shared host which is run by an Apache server. I have seen on the net, that there are 3 possibilities to run Zope together with Apache: rewrite_rules, ProxyPass and FastCGI. As far as I've seen, all of these 3 modules are already installed on the server. However, I think that you need to have root/superuser/...-privileges in order to use one of these methods, right?

Unfortunately, I don't have any of those privileges... I only have write-access to my personal home-directory. Do you have an idea what Icould do instead?

Thanks, Martin

P.S.: I'm having problems with my mail-provider. I hope this won't be a double-post again.

Schnell und einfach ohne Anschlusswechsel zur Lycos DSL Flatrate wechseln und 3 Monate kostenlos ab effektiven 5,21 EUR pro Monat im ersten Jahr surfen.
http://www.lycos.de/startseite/online/dsl/index.html?prod=DSL&trackingID=email_footertxt