[Zope] how to let java applet using mysql database work in zope?

Andrew Milton akm at theinternet.com.au
Sun Feb 26 07:13:07 EST 2006

+-------[ LonLon ]----------------------
| Hello!
|
| Currently, I am trying to integrate one java applet to zope/plone. my java
| applet use mySQL database and is working  outside zope, however, when
| I  integrate my applet into zope, it can not take mySQL data anymore. Please
| give me suggestions how to overcome this problem.
| (I have tried to connect mySQL database to zope as external, it works with DTML
| and ZPT but I do not know how to do with my java applet )

You're letting a java applet connect to a MySQL database located on one of
your servers from ANYWHERE on the internet?

Are you sure this is really what you're really trying to do?

[WebServer] ---[Internet]--- [Client Machine]
[MySQL DB]                   [Java Applet]

As you can see the Java Applet runs on the Client Machine and would have to
connect to your MySQL DB across the internet...

You will probably have to modify your Java Applet to use some other way to get
the data (XMLRPC would probably be your best bet, but, there are other ways)
--
Andrew Milton
akm at theinternet.com.au