[Zope] Java vs Zope

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sun Jan 1 17:02:34 EST 2006

--On 1. Januar 2006 14:04:16 -0600 David Johnson <djohnson at jsatech.com>
wrote:

> Good afternoon.  I am new to Zope and I am excited about its
> possibilities. We are an ASP and plan to use Zope to improve our
> development process. I see that many people use J2EE based environments.
> Does anyone
> understand why?  Why would anyone use Java?

Because everyone uses Java! When you work in an environment were Java is
already used then you usually use Java instead of Python. And there are
environments where Python is possibly the better solution. You just need to
compare the efforts to integrate an existing environment with your
solution...then you choose your tools.

-aj