[Zope] Re: Java vs Zope

Asad Habib ahabib at engin.umich.edu
Fri Jan 6 11:27:33 EST 2006

Actually, that's not true. Languages such as Perl and Python were designed
to write scripts, not to code entire applications. Python is an exception
because it can be successfully used to code large applications, unlike
some other scripting languages. So it's best to call Python a "scripting
programming language" because it has this dual nature. All said and done,
I prefer to use Java over Python for large applications simply because
it's cleaner and has mechanisms in place that support reusability of
components and extensibility. Also, OO concepts such as abstraction and
inheritance are well defined in Java.

Also, both compiled and interpreted languages have their advantages and
disadvantages.

- Asad