[Zope] Problem with Zwiki mail-out

Tracy R Reed treed at ultraviolet.org
Sat Jan 7 00:21:00 EST 2006

Tracy R Reed wrote:
> I am using Plone 2.1 and Zope 2.8.4-final, python 2.3.5, Zwiki 0.46.0
>
> I am not having any luck getting mail-out working. The subscribe button
> won't appear on my zwiki and I am out of ideas as to why.

Ok, with some help from d2m on IRC (thanks d2m!) I have figured this
out: I have a 'Secure Mail Host' and not a 'Mail Host' or 'Maildrop
Host' which are the only two things ZWiki checks for. This would seem to
be a bug or at least a deficiency in ZWiki. I simply added 'Secure Mail
Host' to line 600 of Mail.py in the ZWiki product and it works. I was
temporarily confused and confounded by zope re-creating the Mail.pyc
file containing the old code (lesson: edit your code, then remove the
.pyc file, not the other way around) when I didn't expect it to but now
everything works fine. Now to go back to figuring out why my workflow
doesn't work...