[Zope] installing zope in a "web" hosted environment

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Sun Jan 8 09:45:32 EST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 09:30 -0500, Daniel Gross wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> to install zope using ftp only.

If FTP-only, you wont be abble.
If you have ssh/shell acces too, it is possible if the shell is not too
much restricted.
Finally, on a shared hosting service, I really doubt you could do it,
because of the ressources Zope could take. Zope itself is not ressources
consuming, but If you add such things as Plone or CPS, you will often
take 100% of the CPU, so that you could disturb your co-hosted
collegues.

But fisrt of all, what I advice you is to test on a local machine.
Try to install linux home and then have a try with Zope...

--
A powerfull GroupWare, CMS, CRM, ECM: CPS (Open Source & GPL).
Opengroupware, SPIP, Plone, PhpBB, JetSpeed... are good: CPS is better.