[Zope] CPU architecture and Zope

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Tue Jan 10 00:59:56 EST 2006

--On 9. Januar 2006 21:38:15 -0800 David H <bluepaul at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Im just wondering what the wisdom is about Zope performance and various
> CPU types.  I'm running Zope on Linux (Ubuntu). I notice that Dell is
> selling  a "dual-core" Pentium unit.  But I have no idea if something
> like "dual core"  is advantegous to Zope, python execution or one's
> favorite RDMS.

A single Python process also a multi-threaded Python application can never
run on multiple CPUs. Multiple CPUs, cores etc. together with Python make
only sense when you run multiple Python processes e.g. multiple ZEO clients
or ZEO client + ZEO server. For standalone Zope instance dual-core  CPU
give you nothing.

-aj