[Zope] wrong directoy in Control_Panel.Products.XXXX.home

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Thu Jan 12 08:55:21 EST 2006

A while ago I changed the directory of my zope instance. I also changed
the zope directory (started with zope 2.8.1, now running 2.8.4). Today I
noticed that the CMFQuickInstaller failed to get the version and the
readme of various products.
It happens that CMFQuickInstaller uses
Control_Panel.Products.getObj(id).home to determine the product's
directory and then reads the version.txt file from there.
However many products had the old directory name stored in home (like
/usr/local/zope-2.8.1-final instead of /usr/local/zope-2.8.4-final, or
the directory I used before changing the name).
Everything has been working fine (apart for the breakage of
CMFQuickInstaller) but I wonder if this is the intended behavior and if
there is better way to update the information in Control_Panel (touching
__init__.py in the offending products and restarting zope didn't help, I
had to remove the products from the Control_Panel and restart zope).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007