[Zope] ANN: ZSyncer 0.7.1-beta1 released

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sat Jan 14 15:30:34 EST 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 09:08:26PM -0600, Carlos de la Guardia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we just installed Zsyncer 0.7.1-beta1 on a couple of our servers and have
> run into some problems with page template synchronization. Some items that
> have different time stamps on the server and on the development machines
> show on th sync screen as synchronized even when they are different. Then if
> we do a 'get' from the client, it fetches the file but the objects now
> appear as unsynchronized!

Yes.  These are limitations of comparing objects that have only
a bobobase_modification_time timestamp.
See ZSyncer/README.txt, in the "Usage" section.

Solving this problem is hard. See ZSyncer/TODO.txt.

> We are using Zope 2.8.0 on the clients (Windows)
> and Zope 2.8.4 on the server (Linux), could this be the problem?

I have no experience running clients and server on different
platforms, but I doubt that is the issue.

Do the system clocks on client and server agree?
It's best if they are as close as you can make them.

You might also try adjusting the "fudge_secs" value in ZSyncer/Config.py.
Read the comment describing its purpose.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com