[Zope] five i18n

Jürgen Herrmann Juergen.Herrmann at XLhost.de
Wed Jan 18 08:24:29 EST 2006

does the zope/five/i18n machinery tell anything about it's startup
phase (finding message catalogs etc.) in the logs or while watching
runzope output? i don't see anything here, and still didn't get it to
work.

- what are the preconditions to get it working? i use plain zope page
templates (no cmf/plone or cps)...
- how can i set the target language for the translation in the zpt?
- my configure.zcml:
<configure
  xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
  xmlns:i18n="http://namespaces.zope.org/i18n">
    <i18n:registerTranslations directory="locales" />
</configure>
  (must get parsed, because zope doesnt start up if i put some crap in :)
- my subdir layout under the product dir for message catalogs:
./locales/
./locales/de/LC_MESSAGES/blisspro.po
./locales/en/LC_MESSAGES/blisspro.po

- do i have to compile the .pos to .mos by hand? or is it done
automatically like PTS did?

must be missing something...

thanks in advance for your answers!
regards, juergen