[Zope] Newbee interfaces and implementations

Roman Klesel roman_plonemail at lotuseyes.de
Wed Jan 18 10:02:23 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm in the process of learning to develop fs-zope-products.

The developers guide recommends to write interfaces and implement them in classes. Now my question:

When I have an interface:

DoThings

with several methods:

doThis()
doThat()
doThattoo()

and I have an implementation:

DoThingsClass

How will I then access the methods e.g. in a Template?

Through the interface:

tal:define="context/DoThings/doThis"

or through the implemantation:

tal:define="context/DoThingsClass/doThis"

I would think the first one should be the case. But then how does the interface know where the implementation of the
method is defined since it doesn't import the implementation?

I'm currently on Zope 2.84.

Please shed some light on me!

Greetings Roman