[Zope] Zope fails on large task?

David Whiteley D.L.Whiteley at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jan 19 04:01:56 EST 2006

I have a quite complicated data collection and reporting system based on
zope2.7 and postgresql.  All the postgresql stuff is handled by external
scripts.  I have used page templates throughout.  It is running on a
Debian Sarge based system, and uses Apache as a front end.

 This is my first experience developing with Zope, so I have probably
done things oddly, but...

I have script that generates a large bundle of data dictionary for each
"target entity", which is in this case is a person.  I then pass this
data to a script that converts it to XML.  My template repeats over a
list of people, and concatenates and sends the XML for them all to the
user, where a bit of XSLT creates a paged report.

It works for a few people.  If I try too many people it fails with an
   Error reading from remote server
message from the Apache.

I cannot find any hints in the apache or zope logs.  I have tried to
monitor the server to see if any resources are running out, but have not
found anything.

Can anyone suggest how I try to diagnose this failure.

I repeat, I am fairly new to Zope, and so need fairly basic help.

Dave

--
Dave Whiteley
The School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
0113 343 2059