[Zope] Class instances changing address?

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 20 16:08:17 EST 2006

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Chris Withers wrote:
> I'm afraid that what you need to do is get as small as possible an
> example that reproduces the problem by hacking out lots of your code
> until the problem stops occuring. Doing this usually helps me fix the
> problem, but if not, you can at least post the answer here ;-)

Yeah, I recognize the value in doing that and I will try this weekend.  It
is just unclear to me how to easily construct a mini-example at the
moment for this particular situation.

> - Do any of your attribute names start with _v_ ?

No, although that would explain it if I did.

> - You may be running into problems with Acquisition and differing
> acquisition contexts...

The three responses I received all touched on this issue to some extent,
as well as issues such as the Persistence mechanisms, etc.  I've been
pretty in the dark as to how a lot of that works so hopefully reading up
on these will shed some light as to what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
-J