[Zope] SSL over Multiple Zope/Plone sites?

michael nt milne michael.milne at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:30:15 EST 2006

Hi

I've got a few Plone sites set-up using Apache through Zope. The question
is, I'd like to implement SSL on the site login etc, as it's not secure
without this. There's also one site I'd like to serve completely over https.
However. I'm told that you can't run SSL on virtual hosts and can only have
once SSL site per IP address.

What would be the way round this? I know I could set-up SSL on Zope only
using the following documentation:

http://www.zope.org/Members/Ioan/ZopeSSL

but if I can't carry this through to Apache then I'd have to run Zope as the
web server as well as the application server.

Thanks

Michael