[Zope] Re: Product refreshing in Zope 2.9

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Tue Jan 31 08:05:05 EST 2006

On 1/31/06, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:

> On 31 Jan 2006, at 12:02, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> >> That's why I, like others in this thread, don't care about refresh.
> >>

> > Like I mentioned elsewhere, with my setup, restarting zope is gravely
> > inferior to zope-restart for product development.
> >
> > I'm happy to share my setup to Open Source but it's quite "personal"
> > so I'd have to spend as much time explaining it as I have spent
> > writing it.
> > Hmm... perhaps a screencast?
>
> I don't think there is any need for that. The situation is pretty
> simple: You have an itch, but no one cares enough to scratch it for
> you. The only sane way forward is for you to scratch the itch yourself.

But that's what I'm doing!
Thanks to Dieter I've got som genuine technical help on what it might
be instead of just people saying "that's not how I do it, give up"

And I don't understand how Zope product refresh doesn't have a higher
attention priority when it's so useful. As far as I know, it's the
only way to make changes to a zope2 product without having to restart
the server causing downtime and lost sessions.

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com