[Zope] Using property() function in Zope 2.8

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 14:37:56 EDT 2006

On 7/6/06, Max M <maxm at mxm.dk> wrote:
> This code below works in plain Python. But when I add them to my zope
> class, and run the tester() method I get an "Attributer Error:
> __ac_local_roles__"

Descriptors in general are not guarantteed to work on old-style
classes.  Your PropTest class certainly looks like it falls into that
category (I'm assuming you didn't elide anything for brevity), so I
wouldn't expect it to work.

That said, reading such a descriptor will work for classic classes.
The real error is getting masked, however: it's not that
__ac_local_roles__ isn't defined, it's that __mxm__ac_local_roles__
isn't defined, and the getter isn't dealing with that effectively (or,
it is, depending on your opinion).

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca