[Zope] Zope 2.9.3/2.9.1 On Suse 10.1 box version

Jeremy Smith jeremy at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 14 10:44:41 EDT 2006

Howdy--

I just ran into this same problem. After much poking around, it turned
out that the source of the problem was that the zlib module for Python
had not been compiled because I didn't have the zlib development stuff
(in zlib-devel on RH and similar, not sure about Suse) installed.
Installing zlib-devel, then recompiling Python from source solved the
problem.

Best,

Jeremy.