[Zope] Zope 3 clues for getting started

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Fri Jul 14 12:06:12 EDT 2006

On 7/14/06, Dale Strickland-Clark <zope at d.strickers.org.uk> wrote:
> 1. I assume the Zope 3 authentication engine is at least as capable as the
> Zope 2 one in that you can assign roles to users and require roles for a page
> to display?

Yes

> 2. Is it possible to keep the users' passwords in clear text so they can be
> emailed if the user requests it?

Yes

> 3. Where is the API documented that we call to check if a user/password
> combination is valid?

Within Zope3 itself; you get a full-featured API browser built in. The
pluggable auth interfaces can be looked up there.

> 4. Where is the rest of Zope 3 documented? I've found this
> http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/FrontPage/Zope3Book
> but it doesn't seem complete.

There are two books on Zope 3 for sale, one by Stephan RIchter and and
one by Philipp von Weitershausen. Both are somewhat behind the times
as Zope 3 has evolved rapidlly.

--
Martijn Pieters