[Zope] __bobo_traverse__ and a no-object

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jul 14 13:50:26 EDT 2006

Garito wrote at 2006-7-14 07:04 +0200:
>def __bobo_traverse__(self, REQUEST, name):
>        obj = getattr(self, name, None)
>I wonder why I can do this on a Page Template:
>
><tal:b tal:replace='python: here.Texto' />
>
>Where Texto is a adquired property, but not this:
>
><tal:b tal:replace='here/Texto' />
>
>because zope raises an unauthorized error
>
>How can I solve this point?

You can wait for the next Zope release (2.10) where this is fixed.

The reason: security for "__bobo_traverse__" is much stricter
than for attribute lookup:

   In the latter case, the security machinery knows that the value
   was obtained by attribute lookup and can apply the security
   declarations of the accessed object.

   In the former case, the security machinery does not know
   which object was really accessed and therefore refuses
   to look at the accessed object. This often leads to
   an "Unauthorized".

The hack in Zope 2.10 checks in this case whether the value
could as well have been obtained by attribute lookup and
then checks along this route.

If waiting is not an option for you, you can also backport
the fix to your Zope version.

--
Dieter