[Zope] question on simple_send in MailHost

John Schinnerer john at eco-living.net
Sun Jul 16 23:49:22 EDT 2006

Aloha,

The Zope (2.7.5) API docs for MailHost show this for simple_send:

--------------
simple_send(self, mto, mfrom, subject, body):

     Sends a message. Only To:, From: and Subject: headers can be set.
The arguments are:

     mto
         A commaseparated string or list of recipient(s) of the message.
     mfrom
         The address of the message sender.
     subject
         The subject of the message.
     body
         The body of the message.
--------------

So it reads like it can handle more than one To: address, something like
this comma-separated string:

'me at mine.com,you at yours.com,him at his.com'

...but when I do this the message only gets sent to the first address in
the list.

Is this a mistake in the docs - do I need to use send() to send to
multiple addresses?

Or is there something wrong with my comma-separated string of recipients?

Or is there a third possibility I haven't even considered... :-)

thanks,
John S.

- Eco-Living -
Whole Systems Design Services