[Zope] Catalog aware

Garito garito at sistes.net
Wed Jul 19 15:20:35 EDT 2006

Tino Wildenhain escribió:

>>> Yes you can. Why not? I mean you are using them - so you can use
>>> your products instead as well.
>>>

>> Yes but what if tomorrow you create a product? need work to times: you
>> first, me later
>>

> Who says you have a use for the product I create? Or if it makes
> sense to catalog it? If you want a cataloguing framework, why
> dont you use CMF or something?

I want to make every class catalogable only if I point a zcatalog id
(with self.default_catalog) but If I point it I want to catalogue the object

Now is a search era, isn't it?

Use another framework only to do the objects catalogable?

I love simple things

>> In my opinion (is only an opinion) these is not the best situation in a
>> future
>>
>> Sorry but is not so acceptable for me
>>

> The point is, it makes no sense to catalog Pagetemplates,
> Python Scripts, Folders and ZSQL Methods, Mailhosts
> and Database connections. These are all standard zope
> objects, yet they make catalogable content only in derived
> work or when they play together - which is a custom
> solution anyway. There you can add whatever cataloguing
> awareness you want.

And if I use them dinamically (a user with the role1 use the template
Ver but a user with the role2 use the template Ver1 for the same
context)? (I'm not sure if I understand you clear, sorry If I make a
mistake, please

--
Mis Cosas
http://blogs.sistes.net/Garito