[Zope] default webpage after External Method script executed

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Thu Jul 20 14:48:16 EDT 2006

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 20. Juli 2006 19:25:11 +0100 Alan <alanwilter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> My simple webpage for submitting files is ok. It calls a External
>> Method script to do all the dirty job. However, I am running out of
>> ideas of how to get back to my default submitting web page after
>> submitting a file (and thus execute the script).
>>

>  return self.context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(some_url_plus_query_string)

valid but very ugly. Why not just return the result of the call of a
template?

e.g. return self.zpt_or_whatever_template()

Or do all the form work in a python script anyway, which calls
the external method when everything looks ok and returns
with the template as above.

While I wonder what the mentioned dirty work really is...

Regards
Tino