[Zope] restarted zope and now not answering port 8080

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Sat Jul 22 03:42:05 EDT 2006

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 22. Juli 2006 00:34:24 -0700 Noah <admin2 at enabled.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi there,
>>
>> zope-2.8.8
>> freebsd-4.11
>>
>> so I just installed plone and stopped and restarted zope and found that
>> it no longer answers port 8080.  there is nothing in the logs that shows
>> something is wrong.
>>
>> I see the zope daemon running it is not quitting.
>>
>> I see a python2.3 process run by nobody that tacks up to  99% CPU about
>> every 10 seconds.
>>

> Kill the remaining process manually and restart again.

Andreas,

that didnt completely work.

---s nip ---

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zope.sh start
Starting Zope
       Instance /a/www/Zope -> . Unlinking stale socket
/a/www/Zope-2.8/var/zopectlsock; sleep 1
No handlers could be found for logger "root"
. daemon process started, pid=24796

--- snip ---

still port 8080 eventually just closes without any pages being sent.

cheers,
Noah