[Zope] How to prevent subobjects to catalog a parents attribute

Mohsen Moeeni listless at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 10:07:33 EDT 2006

On 7/22/06, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:

> --On 22. Juli 2006 17:08:43 +0330 Mohsen Moeeni <listless at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi;
> > [snip]
> > ..... However, the problem is that the subobjects of this
> > folder will also have the same value as their parent for the category
> > index and metadata because of the acquisition. Can I prevent this?
>
> Look at ManageableIndexes...they provide control over acquistion while
> indexing.

Thanks. I wish I could do it without installing a new product.
Actually I could get the same effect but with a little bit of
hackiness. I added a `category` index which indexed
`_getCategoryForCatalog` method which can not be acquired
by subobjects because it start with `_`.

At any rate, either of these approaches solve half of the problem.
The other half is to do the same thing for a metadata. I doubt
it's easy to do that because unlike an index, metadata is not
plugable.

Mohsen,