[Zope] Running 2 instances of Zope on Apache

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Tue Jul 25 12:56:47 EDT 2006

What's your apache config?
I suggest that you use ProxyPass. Something like this will work fine:

<VirtualHost IP.OF.YOUR.SERVER>
   ServerName dev.yoursite.com
   ServerAdmin ian.ripping at cfh.nhs.uk
   ProxyPass /
http://localhost:9080/VirtualHostBase/http/dev.yoursite.com:80/zopefolder/VirtualHostRoot/
   ProxyPassReverse /
http://localhost:9080/VirtualHostBase/http/dev.yoursite.com:80/zopefolder/VirtualHostRoot/
   ProxyPass /misc_ http://localhost:9080/misc_
   ProxyPass /p_ http://localhost:9080/p_
   ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/dev.yoursite.com_error.log
   CustomLog /var/log/apache2/dev.yoursite.com_access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost IP.OF.YOUR.SERVER>
   ServerName www.yoursite.com
   ServerAdmin ian.ripping at cfh.nhs.uk
   ProxyPass /
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.yoursite.com:80/zopefolder/VirtualHostRoot/
   ProxyPassReverse /
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.yoursite.com:80/zopefolder/VirtualHostRoot/
   ProxyPass /misc_ http://localhost:8080/misc_
   ProxyPass /p_ http://localhost:8080/p_
   ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/www.yoursite.com_error.log
   CustomLog /var/log/apache2/www.yoursite.com_access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

You'll need to enable mod_proxy for your apache and you'll need to run
two Zopes on the same server. One on port 8080 and one on port 9080.
All the values I chose are all example values that you can play with.

Best of luck!

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com