[Zope] how to use chinese character in zope 2.8.7

Mark Barratt markb at textmatters.com
Thu Jul 27 08:08:27 EDT 2006

LYNN wrote:
> zope,hi!
>
> 	i use zope2.8.7 in FC5 chinese edition, in ZMI i can input chinese ,but when i saved,the chinese character change to $#XXXX,i want to know how can i  solve it.when  chinese character is a part of URL,it prompt me "invalid URL".
>
> thinks!

Hi Lynn

You need to set the Zope character-encoding to a Unicode encoding. I use
utf-8 and it works. UTF-8 is not very efficient for Chinese but I do
know it works! You do this two places in Zope:

1: in the zope.conf there should be a line

default-zpublisher-encoding utf-8

If there isn't, add it. If it says something else, change it.

2: In the root of the Zope Management Interface, choose the properties
tab. In it, add a new property called MANAGEMENT_PAGE_CHARSET of type
'string' with value utf-8.

3: restart Zope

This assumes that the rest of your site infrastructure is OK, including
Apache encoding.

best

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters

Information design: we help explain things using
language | design | systems | process improvement
phone +44 (0)118 986 8313  email markb at textmatters.com
web http://www.textmatters.com