[Zope] How can i improve performance of website under heavy load in Zope2.6.1

Marco Bizzarri marco.bizzarri at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 03:18:00 EDT 2006

1) improve the number of object in the cache: the default is 400 which
is incredibly low for a normal site; put it to 5000 and check;

2) (if possible) upgrade to a newer release of Zope, namely 2.8, which
removes many possible conflict, and therefore improves response time;

3) install a Zope/ZEO configuration, with more than one Zope server
responding; don't mix too much with threads which is, as far as I
know, tricky stuff; use more than one physical server, running Zope,
connected to a ZEO backend; distribute the load using whatever load
balancer of your choice;

4) review your application needs; check what are the actual
bottlenecks; is there any static content you could better serve using
apache (like images, documents..) ?

5) make a google search with "improving Zope performance" ;)

Regards
Marco

On 7/31/06, Sudesh Soni <sudesh.soni at ebusinessware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Zope 2.6.1
>
> I wonder why Zope is default set for handling 4 threads and 7 database
> connections.
>
> I tried inreasing threads to 20 and database connections to 30 by updating
> z2.py and DB.py, presuming that this will help to improve performance under
> heavy load.
>
> Can anyone suggest what impact will be there if i do this , in Zope 2.6.1
>
> OR
>
> Can anyone suggest any other option to improve performance under heavy load
> in Zope 2.6.1
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Suson

Marco Bizzarri