[Zope] Templates vs DTML

Dennis Allison allison at shasta.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 5 19:20:55 EDT 2006

We've been using DTML but we are at a point where we could move to page
templates.

We are starting a major restruture and rewrite of much of the
system and are debating moving to ZPT.  Performance is potentially a major
issue.  We are using Zope 2.9.X, will eventually move to Zope 2.10.X and
Five.  Python 2.4.X.

Has anyone done any benchmark comparison of the two design choices?  For
the same functionality, which performs better.  No flame wars about which
is better, just information about performance.