[Zope] Document parameters as part of a URL

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Wed Jun 7 18:10:24 EDT 2006

I much prefer to use __before_publishing_traverse__.
Eg.

class MyProduct(Something):
      def __before_publishing_traverse__(self, object, REQUEST):
            """ sort things out before publising object """
            stack = REQUEST['TraversalRequestNameStack']
            if len(stack)==2 and stack[0]=='members' and stack[1].isdigit():
                REQUEST.set('member_id', stack[1])
                stack.remove(stack[1])

That's my opinion.

On 6/7/06, Andrew Hedges <andrew at clearwired.com> wrote:
> Just curious what people think of the technique described here:
>
>     http://www.zope.org/Members/petrvanblokland/parameters_in_url
>
> This page is a few years old.  Is there something built-in to more
> recent versions of Zope that does this already?  If there is, Google
> has failed me on this one.
>
> The context is that I'm working on a DTML (yeah, yeah ... I know)
> application in Zope 2.9.2 and want to be able to build URLs like this:
>
>     http://server.domain/members/44
>
> ...where members is a DTML Method and 44 is a user_id I could do
> things with, like call a ZSQL method.  I'd prefer that members is a
> DTML Method and not a Python script or ZSQL Method.
>
> Thanks in advance for any insights!
>
> -Andrew
> -----
> Andrew Hedges, andrew at clearwired.com