[Zope] Efficiency of "Script (Python)" versus External Method

Andrew Hedges andrew at clearwired.com
Thu Jun 15 21:16:36 EDT 2006

Is there a difference in the efficiency of a function as a "Script
(Python)" Zope object versus an External Method?  The use case is
that I need to run a fairly simple function (an implementation of the
Levenshtein distance algorithm) over a result set in the range of
30-40k records.  Are the two implementations close enough that I
should just not worry about it or would you expect I would see a
significant difference between the two?

Thanks,
-Andrew
-----