[Zope] How to commit a piece of data in a transaction when the transaction is being aborted later

William Heymann kosh at aesaeion.com
Tue Jun 20 14:55:01 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 20 June 2006 12:47, Chris McDonough wrote:

> I'd just record the data from Verisign in response to their POST (do
> nothing else) and come along later with a separate request to pick
> through the data to do postprocessing on it every so often; then the
> data always gets recorded and you can deal with errors in your
> postprocessing without needing to manage transaction state manually.
> ClockServer can help with the "do something every so often" aspect of
> this.

That is probably a good idea for long term to change things that way and I
would like to rewrite it. However right now I don't really want to rewrite
the way the current system works. I had hoped I could just use
get_transaction().commit() almost immediately after seeing the data from
Verisign.

I do like the idea of ClockServer though and I will probably start playing
with it soon to see how it will work for me. Does it work with zope 2.9 also?

Thanks