[Zope] Re: ExternalMethod for exporting un-pickled Office files tothe filesyste

michael nt milne michael.milne at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 18:28:47 EDT 2006

Of course-I hadn't thought of that. A small WebDav or Ftp script could
be written to do that in a batch. I guess possibly not ultimately the
most elegant as it would involve the server connecting to itself using
a remote connection to transfer files internally? Still worth a try.
Would be nice to set up an option to do this from within the interface
with config settings. I'll spec something out with a view to creating
a product.

On 6/22/06, Martin Aspeli <optilude at gmx.net> wrote:

> Tino Wildenhain wrote:
> >
> > Krishna Shukla schrieb:
> >> How we can read the "plone file" File from zodb in one file object.
> >> Regards
> >> Krishna
> >
> > should work similar - but check the API docs. The meta-type
> > is probably a bit different so you need to extend it in the
> > Zopefind() call. Also for ultra performance, Zope file objects
> > usually dont wear an opaque string with data but linked PData
> > elements which could be read block by block instead of the
> > simple str() in my implemention.
> >

> Look at whatever ATFile specifies; I suspect it's something like getFile().
>
> There's an obvious solution we're missing here by the way: use WebDAV or FTP
> :)
>
> Martin
> --

michael