[Zope] Basic Authentication SSL Redirector

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 23 07:31:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

After having started the thread about securing CookieCrumbler[1], I figured
out that it was better to secure Basic Authentication instead. So, I just
created a new Product, called JMSSLBasicAuth[2], which is based on the
CookieCrumbler Transversal Hook. Instead of Cookie Authentication, I will
redirect insecure Basic Authentication requests to ssl.

I have tested it and it seems to work. I'm planning to use it in production
websites, so, I would really appreciate if you could give me some
constructive feedback about the product (See reference [2]), ie: what can I
improve, change, or add?

Thanks in advanced
Josef

[1] SSL Redirect for CookieCrumbler
    http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2006-June/166784.html

[2] JMSSLBasicAuth - Secure Basic Authentication Redirector
    http://www.zope.org/Members/jmeile/JMSSLBasicAuth