[Zope] ConflictError with *one* ZEO client?

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Wed Jun 28 04:23:40 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 18:12, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> On 28 Jun 2006, at 03:24, Richard Jones wrote:
> > I've got a zopectl script I'm trying to run with the "zopectl run"
> > command. It
> > crashes out with a ConflictError even if there are no other ZEO
> > clients
> > connected to the ZEO store. I've restarted the ZEO store, no change.
>
> Having just one ZEO client will not mean you get no conflicts. Having
> more than one client just means there is a higher chance that two
> operations will concurrently modify the same object and cause them.
>
> If you're running a script you should tell us what the script does.

The script merely modified a bunch of objects in the ZODB. Beyond that,
there's not much that I can usefully tell you.

I'm using Zope 2.8.5.

As part of maintenance today I restarted the ZEO clients & server, while
removing the ZEO caches from the clients. I can no longer reproduce the
problem.

     Richard