[Zope] Change owner from external app

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Mar 1 17:10:55 EST 2006

Marek 'MMx' Ludha wrote at 2006-3-1 17:32 +0100:
>I am writing an external application and I need to modify owner and
>permissions of zope files from that app. I thought about using HTTP
>object publishing or XML-RPC, so I checked documentation at
>http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/AppendixB.stx#2-45 but I can't
>find any method to deal with owner/permissions. Is there really no way
>to do this or am I just missing something?

You know that you can change ownership (be aware that there are
two completely different types of ownership!) and permissions
via the ZMI. Looking at respective the ZMI source will
tell you which methods are used (this is a general approach
for anything that can be done in the ZMI).

In your special case, you can look at the methods defined
in "AccessControl/Owned.py" (executable ownership control),
"AccessControl/Role.py" (local role control, among others the
local role "Owner"; and role permission mapping).

--
Dieter