[Zope] (microsoft) webdav and zope 2.8.4

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Mar 6 04:53:06 EST 2006

--On 6. März 2006 08:48:44 +0000 Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>
wrote:

> Dieter Maurer wrote:
>> I think the foundation is not yet ready and I am not yet invited
>> (you need an invitation to become a contributor).
>
> Really? I thought the contributor agreement had already been changed to
> remove the clauses you find offensive?
>
> I'd be very surprised and disappointed if you needed to be "invited" to
> contribute code!

This must be a misunderstanding. The new agreement will replace the current
one as soon as the ZF exists (means Rob Page raises the WE-ARE-READY sign).
One of the first actions of the ZF should be to invite the current
contributors to join the ZF under the new agreement to elect an initial
board or to support the ZF bootstrapping process. Since Dieter won't
contribute directly under the terms of the current agreement he can not be
invited to join directly. However as soon as the ZF exists he can join
directly under the terms of the new agreement...sounds insane but I think
that would be the right way.

-aj