[Zope] Help needed to simplify some code

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 8 04:35:55 EST 2006

John Poltorak wrote:

> Several months ago someone provided me with me with some sample code which
> did exactly what I wanted, but looking at it again it looks a little
> unwieldy and could do with tidying up. It consists of:-

>    <tal:block repeat="opt opts">
>       <li><a     tal:content="python:opt[1]"
>           tal:attributes="href python:'news_items/'  + opt[0]"></a></li>
>    </tal:block>

Okay, if you can get parse_file to return a list of dictionaries like:
[
   {
    'folder':'whatever',
    'label':'whatever',
   }
]
...then you can do:

python:here.lib.parse_file(file=here.news,sepr=',',clone=1)">
   <li repeat="opt opts">
     <a tal:content="python:opt/label"
        tal:attributes="href string:news_items/${opt/folder}"/>
   </li>

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk