[Zope] repozo.py

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 05:43:22 EST 2006

[Dennis Allison]
>> We are (finally) moving to repozo for our backups.  We are running a mixed
>> collection of Zopes -- mostly Zope 2.7.6, Zope 2.8.X and Zope 2.9.0.   For
>> the near term we cannot move to a single release.  There are differences
>> between the versions of repozo distributed with the different Zope
>> systems.
>>
>> I assume that the they are backward compatible and that the repozo.py
>> shipped with Zope 2.9.0 is compatible with all variations of the Data.fs
>> format.

[Chris Withers]
> I would play it safe and use the repozo.py appropriate for each version
> of Zope you're using to drive each ZEO server...

It's probably safest to use the most recent version of repozo with
all:  repozo hasn't grown new features, but it has gotten bugfixes,
and pretty much regardless of the software in question the most recent
release is the one most likely to contain all bugfixes to date.
repozo in particular doesn't know anything about the _structure_ of a
Data.fs file (it works by copying bytes -- doesn't know anything about
transactions or objects), so it wouldn't be possible for repozo to be
incompatible across ZODB releases even if the Data.fs format had
changed (which it hasn't).