[Zope] manage_pasteObjects question

David bluepaul at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 8 18:11:40 EST 2006

Palermo, Tom wrote:

>I'm trying to do the cut in one script and the paste in another script. It's
>my understanding that REQUEST is an optional parameter to
>manage_cutObjects(). Passing REQUEST will set a cookie, __cp. __cp is the
>clipboard data. Later when I try to do manage_pasteObjects() from another
>script, I always get a "cookie data is truncated" message regardless of how
>I try to pass in the clipboard data. I should be able to just do:
>context.manage_pasteObjects(context.cb_dataItems())
>
>That doesn't work. I still get the "cookie data is truncated" message. I get
>the same message if I do:
>context.manage_pasteObjects(context.REQUEST)
>
>I know that there are, in fact, objects on the clipboard because I can just
>do:
>print context.cb_dataItems()
>return printed
>
>I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It seems like you can have cut and paste
>happen in separate scripts. Is that not true?
>
>Thanks,
>Tom

Tom,

You didnt respond to Dieter's remarks .... so its unclear where to go
with this.

You coded:

context.manage_pasteObjects(cb_copy_data=context.cb_dataItems(),REQUEST=req['__cp'])

What is the last parameter doing?  REQUEST=req['__cp'] ?  The
manage_pastObjects expects a REQUEST object, e.g. REQUEST=context.REQUEST.

Did you try this?

David