[Zope] METAL macros

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Sun Mar 12 19:43:33 EST 2006

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to make METAL macros reusable.

Is it standard practice to put macros into a common folder where they can
be used by numerous different websites?

I just can't get a handle on how they are supposed to be used.

According to:-

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/AppendixC.stx

Macros provide a way to define a chunk of presentation in one template,
and share it in others, so that changes to the macro are immediately
reflected in all of the places that share it. Additionally, macros are
always fully expanded, even in a template's source text, so that the
template appears very similar to its final rendering.

This does not really tell me how they should be used. Can someone give me
an example of real world usage?

--
John